Sunday 10 June 2012

Windsor Castle

Windsor Castle

We stopped by Windsor Castle on the way back home from London.  Windsor is less than 10 miles from West London so it's a quick trip.  Lori and Megan went into the Castle.. I had been in there a couple of times so I explored town.  The Queen spends weekends at the castle.


The castle from the courtyard




Ceremony of the changing of the guard










 The hat makes him look taller.  Lori didn't know how close was the proper protocol for the picture.  I guess this was ok since he didn't shoot her.


St.George's Chapel, the burial spot of Henry VIII, the Queen's parents and her sister, Princess Margaret


 Late lunch before heading back to Derby

1 comment:

  1. Funny on the Lori with the guard picture. We were at Copenhagen Royal Palace and I posed next to a guard. I must have been to close because he looked at me from the corner of his eye and said "von metr avay" so now I stand one meter from the armed guards. Great job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete